Speculation has built that 2012 would be the year for a new generation Tacoma. Save that level of enthusiasm for later.What we’re hearing from Toyota insiders is that the 2012 Tacoma will have a more stylized look but will be a fresh skin update. With no pictures slipping through the cracks yet here is what we’re getting:
- New front bumper, headlights, hood and fenders. The look will be more optimistic and stylish but not exactly like the new 4 Runner.
- New dash and optional Entune will be available.
- The 4.0L remains the same single VVT and the same transmission, no powertrain upgrades at this time.
- Later in the year after initial launch, a baja edition may be introduced.
- Trucks should arrive a Dealers by Oct but pictures are still under raps.
- The 2012 Tacoma is considered a minor major update of sorts, not a new generation.
- Words being used is that it might be 3 years before a new generation is introduced.
Stay tuned for further leaks and information.