TOYOTA AUTO NAVIGATION Has too many Navigation System features to cover in a single post writing. We’ll cover in this post setting a single address point to follow and travel to using auto navigation.
At the navigation system console, press the “MAP/VOICE” button to view the map screen. On this screen the “MAPVIEW” button allows display of input Points Of Interest or POI’s as they are called. The “MARK” button stores current vehicle position in the system memory for recall.
Press the “DESTINATION” button and a screen with several options for inputing an Address, POI, or Previously Stored Location appears. (Please note that an Explanation of Terms Used in Navigation can be viewed by pressing the “HELP” button which is a “?” in a circle icon located on both the MENU and DESTINATION screens. A box with scroll buttons appears to select terms.)
The DESTINATION SCREEN actually has 2 sceens, 1/2, which is selected at the top right corner of the screen, 1 or 2. On this screen be sure the correct “Search Area” is selected. To select a “Search Area” press the “CHANGE” button that goes to a screen where one of ten geographical search areas can be chosen. For example Alabama is “US7“. (Details about each Search Area are outlined by pressing “MENU“, then on that screen press “MAP DVD“, and select a covered area from a list.)
Now input a Destination Address to follow:
- With the vehicle stopped, press the “DESTINATION” button, then press the “ADDRESS” button
- An Address screen appears, a “Street Number” and “Street Name” is input, (Note as characters are entered, the system automatically narrows the available choices.)
- Select an Address from the displayed choices and a map appears showing the Destination Location
- Press “ENTER” if the location shown is perfect or, use the displayed arrows to “fine tune” the location, then press “ENTER” and the accurate screen for the destination is displayed.
- At the bottom of this screen a choice of 3 Routes to take to the destination are given.
- A demo of each Route can be viewed before making a selection. To end the demo, press the “MAP/VOICE” button
- Click on the Route desired to follow and begin
- At the end, to delete a Destination, press the “MAP/VOICE” button, press “ROUTE“, then “DELETE“, then confirm by selecting “YES“.
This is a simple Toyota Tutorial on how to map out a Destination and drive to it. To learn much more about Toyota Vehicle Navigation, go to toyotaiguide.com, click on Frequently Used Features heading, upper left corner,then on the next screen, click the Red “Frequently Used Feature” Iguide Bar, select “Toyota Gen5 Navigation System“, and then select the vehicle model of interest for an in-depth presentation.
Be sure to inquire about The EXCLUSIVE LIFETIME WARRANTY available on Toyotas and Scions…